Saturday, July 2, 2011

Watch for Wildlife!

Mom is still on hiatus from traveling as a Big World Reporter, but she still takes her Big World credentials and camera with her everywhere she goes.

Mom has taken to biking on local North Texas Big World Assignment, and as you can see she is always Watching for Wildlife, and trying to find me new animal friends! 
Here are some of my most recent new friends!

Mom called out to this Great White Egret who was fishing in a small lake.  They like to feed on fish, frogs, insects, snakes, and crayfish.
The Egret said he was waiting for mom and yes, he would gladly be my friend!

Next up, mom biked next to a small stream.  She found a Red-Eared Slider Turtle.  This one did not look like my other Turtle friends.  This one was growing green fur! 

Nearby the Turtle was a whole School of Fish.  I am not sure what kind of Fish these were, but they said they would be my friends once they were out on recess.

Then mom saw something she had never seen up this close before.......it was a Coyote!  His name was Wylie, and he told my mom he would be my friend for as long as he could.  
I asked mom, what did that mean?
Mom said she saw him hobbling away, and there were a lot of scavenger type birds squawking overhead.  My friend, the Coyote, was injured!
He said he was glad to have befriended me, the famous Texas Cat, JB.  And with that he limped away through the bushes.....and was gone. 

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK here, and stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

5 comments:

the 5 Bs said...

we are sad for the coyote too.

woofs

Angel and Kirby said...

WE are sorry for your friend the coyote.

Prints the Cat said...

I did not know turtles grew green fur!

A school of fish? They must be very smart. I hope they get to be on recess soon so they can be your friends, too.

Wylie would be your friend for as long as he could? Wylie say that? (get it? Why'd he...) I am sorry to hear about his hurt leg. I hope he was going into the bushes to rest up, away from the scavenger birds. Poor guy. I wonder what got him??? Bob?

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Mom and I khan't get enough khoyote pikhs!

I KNOW he'd be MY furiend!

We watched one of my Red Tail Hawk pals on tonight's walk - he kept evading the flashie beastie but FINALLY Mom got some feeble shots!

Thanks fur sharing your pals!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anna said...

Wow Coyote! We have them here, and I think I saw one cruising around here too. These are nice photos again, wouldn't be nice also to say 'watch the wild life', lol. Anna :)