Friday, April 13, 2012

This Friend was not to my Mom's Liking!

Sometimes some of my animal friends like to come inside my house.

When we had the last really big rain, it happened again, and this guy slithered into our garage.  
I guess snakes don't like to get wet, just like me!

This is my friend, the Eastern Ribbon Snake.  He is a relative of the Garter Snake.  My new friend has some differences from the Garter Snake, however.  He is thinner and his tail makes up one third of his body.  He also has pure white lips and a white dot above his eyes.  Those are the characteristics of an Eastern Ribbon Snake.

Mom was not pleased.

Before you go, please stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Eeew! How far do you live from me again??

Unknown said...

:-) That was made by Nancy...

Angel and Kirby said...

We went out for a walk the other day at one of the parks and saw one similar to that. I've learned not to say snake too loudly because it's he tends to scare other people. We let him crawl off into the bushes into the weeds and went on with our walk.

Prints the Cat said...

Wow. Think what would have happened if your Mom had not had the glue traps. You'd have a new indoor friend! :-)